Cold brew coffee has become a popular drink in recent years, thanks to its smooth, sweet, flavorful and refreshing taste. It's a favorite for many coffee lovers, and if you're thinking of trying it, here are five things that you should know first.
1. Cold brew coffee is steeped, not brewed. Unlike hot coffee, cold brew coffee is not brewed in a coffee maker. Instead, coffee grounds are steeped in room temperature water for several hours. This process releases the flavor of the coffee without the bitterness that hot water can produce. The result is a smooth, refreshing drink that is perfect for a hot summer day.
2. It takes longer to make cold brew coffee than hot or iced coffee. Since cold brew is steeped rather than brewed in a machine, it takes longer than the typical several minutes to pop in a k-cup or brew some grounds. Cold Brew Coffee requires a steeping time of 12 to 24 hours. This means that you need to plan ahead if you want to enjoy a cold brew coffee.
3. Cold brew coffee is less acidic. One of the benefits of cold brew coffee is that it's less acidic than hot coffee. This makes it easier on the stomach for people who experience acid reflux or other digestive issues. Additionally, because it's less acidic, you'll be able to taste more of the coffee's natural flavor.
4. Cold brew coffee is versatile. Cold brew coffee is not just a drink that you pour in a cup, sip and repeat. You can use it as a base for a variety of drinks, such as iced coffee, lattes, and even cocktails. Since the flavor and texture of cold brew coffee are more muted than hot coffee, it makes a perfect base for a range of drinks.
5. You can make cold brew coffee at home. Cold brew coffees provide an elevated coffee experience, but you don't need to run to a cafe and spend a lot on a gourmet brew. All you need are Smart Sips Coffee’s cold brew coffee filter packs, room temperature water, and a container to steep the coffee. Making cold brew coffee has never been easier with our cold brew collection.
Our range of delicious flavors are the perfect at-home solution to satisfy your cold brew coffee cravings without having to leave the house. From the rich notes of coconut rum to the sweet and spicy flavors of our bananas foster, there's a flavor for everyone. Even those who enjoy decaf can indulge in these delectable flavors with Smart Sips Coffee's upcoming decaf selection. With its ease of preparation and unmatched flavor, our cold brew coffees are a delightful treat.
To sum it up, cold brew coffee is tasty and refreshing drink that has a unique taste and texture. You can make it at home and use it as a base for a range of drinks. So, if you haven't tried it yet, give cold brew coffee a chance—you might be surprised at how much you enjoy it!